Thanks to the Clitheroe Foundation we are pleased to provide three emerging sculptors with $10,000 for a mentor program to assist them with their costs and advice as they prepare for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi
To apply emerging artists should send their application before 10 April for the 16th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi
exhibition which runs from 18 October - 4 November 2012. All Australian emerging artists considered by our curatorial panel comprised of:
- Clara Hali, Sculptor;
- Tony Jones OAM, Sculptor & Principal Lecturer of Sculpture at the Central Institute of Technology, Perth;
- Dr Alan Krell, Associate Professor at the Sherman School of Art History, COFA, UNSW; and
- Ron Robertson-Swann OAM, Sculptor & Head of Sculpture, National Art School.
Other support for sculptors in this year’s Bondi exhibition include:
- Three $30,000 Helen Lempriere Scholarships for Australian artists;
- Each exhibiting artist will receive a minimum subsidy of $2,000 towards their costs - thanks to the support of the new NSW State Government, through Arts NSW;
- The $5,000 Sydney Water Environmental Artist Subsidy for an artist whose sculpture incorporates the natural elements of wind, water or solar power;
- $15,000 of support for artists creating ephemeral site specific work;
- Seven interstate and international airfares
Application forms are available from www.sculpturebythesea.com, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +61 2 8399 0233. Applications close on Tuesday April 10.